Preparing in advance for flooding can help reduce the damage and disruption it causes. There are simple steps you can take now to get prepared:
- Prepare a flood kit containing batteries, torch, bottled water, waterproof clothing, spare medicines, first aid kit, children and pet supplies and insurance details.
- Consider installing flood protection products if you live in an area which floods or is at high risk of flooding.
- Know how to shut of gas and electric to your property.
- Check your home insurance covers flooding.
- Make sure your family or business employees know what to do in a flood.